Advanced Custom Fields are similar to our standard Custom Fields, however, you can now customize the title, description, icon, and values to fit your team's workflow. Please keep in mind that only Workspace Admins can manage Custom Field settings.
Advanced Fields are available for Organizations on our Business and Enterprise Plans only.
How to create Advanced Custom Fields
- Click on your User Icon on the bottom-left area of your screen.
- Click Settings.
- Select "Custom Fields" under Workspace Features.
- Select the Create Field option on the page.
- The icon, name, and description can be customized on the Create Field page. Values can be added in the same manner as Custom Fields.
Once your Advanced Custom Field has been created, it will appear in the Story dialog alongside the other enabled Custom Fields.
- Please note, you can reorder the Custom Fields on the Settings page and that same order will reflect on a Story dialog.
Filter Views and Custom Field Types:
Stories Page (Kanban and Table View) You'll find a list of Custom Fields, including Advanced Custom Fields, and their corresponding values on the Stories page sidebar menu just below Filters.
If viewing the Table View, you'll also be able to group by Custom Fields, including Advanced Custom Fields, using the "Group By" dropdown menu.
Where Advanced Custom Fields appear:
Custom Fields FAQ
All Organizations will have access to the following Fields:
- Technical Area
- Skill Set
- Product Area
Only Organizations on the Business and Enterprise Plans will have access to Advanced Custom Fields
- Custom Fields help you establish a more structured process in your Workspace. Because Custom Fields and their values are controlled by your Admin - there is more structure to Custom Fields over Labels.
- Labels are great because anyone in your Organization can create them, but they lack the structure of Custom Fields. You should use Labels as a lightweight but unstructured way to organize your work.
- Each Workspace has a limit of 20 Advanced Custom Fields by default
- Basic Custom Fields (Shortcut-defined) do not count against this limit
- No limit yet