This documentation covers step-by-step how to configure Okta to enable SCIM provisioning in Shortcut.
- Push New Users - Users created in Okta that are assigned the Shortcut application will be created in your Shortcut organization
- Push Profile Updates - Updates made to the user's profile through Okta will be pushed to Shortcut
- Push User Deactivation - Deactivating, or disabling the user's access to Shortcut via Okta will disable the user in Shortcut
In order to enable SCIM provisioning with Shortcut, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- SCIM provisioning is only available to Shortcut customers on Enterprise plans. To learn more about Shortcut's plans and their offerings, please see our help center page, Shortcut Plan Options.
- You must have access to a Shortcut account with Owner or Admin privileges.
- You must have added both the Shortcut and Shortcut SCIM apps to Okta and have SSO or SAML enabled on your Shortcut organization. For more information on configuring SAML 2.0 for Shortcut, please visit our Okta documentation.
- You must have requested that SCIM be enabled on your account by contacting email@example.com, and have received your Shortcut Organization ID and SCIM Token.
Step-by-Step Configuration Instructions
Configure your Provisioning settings for Shortcut SCIM as follows:
- Click the Configure API Integration button.
- Check the Enable API Integration box.
- In the Base URL text field, enter the Base URL you received from support.
- In the API Token text field, enter the SCIM token you received from support.
- With both Base URL and API Token filled out, click Save.
- In the Provisioning settings for Shortcut SCIM, navigate to the To App section and click Edit. Select the provisioning features you want to enable and click Save.
Configure your Sign On settings tab for the Shortcut Okta SAML Application as follows:
- Set the Application username format dropdown menu equal to Email and click Save.
Supported SCIM Attributes
Shortcut currently supports the following attributes mapping:
|Okta User Attribute||Shortcut User Attribute||Notes|
|role||role||Currently supports options for admin, member and observer
The owner role is not currently supported.