The Backlog in Shortcut is a new page designed to help you better sort, manage and prioritize work before it properly makes its way into a Workflow.
The Backlog page in Shortcut will enable users to:
- See un-planned/new/under-defined Stories separately from active work
- Have confidence that the work they are scheduling from the backlog is ready
- Make it easy for everyone in your organization to locate where Backlog items are in Shortcut
Scope for Beta release 1.0
- Table of Stories in "Backlog" state
- Table fields that are editable
- Bulk edit Stories
- Filter Bar: Team/Owner/Labels/Search Bar/Story Type/ Epics
- Note: not included yet - Custom Fields
Workflow State Settings
- Workflows State settings page - the ability to add Backlog states (before Unstarted)
Get Started with Backlog
Admins and Owners can go to the Workflow State Settings Page to add Backlog workflow states to existing workflows. You can also create a new workflow that is dedicated to your Backlog process by creating a new workflow and adding only Backlog states.
Add Stories to a Backlog
Create a Story and select a
Backlog Workflow State. Any Story in a Backlog Workflow State will appear on the Backlog Page.
View your Backlog
Go to the Backlog page to search, or filter by
- Story Type
Organize your Backlog
Drag and drop Stories up or down in priority order, assign owners, apply labels, and add additional metadata with Advanced Custom Fields.
Schedule work from your Backlog
Assign work to an iteration in-line through the table (or with the bulk edit - coming soon!)
How do I give feedback?
Please share any feedback in our
backlog-beta channel in Discord
Q: Can anyone access and use the Backlog?
A: Yes, members, owners, and admins can all interact with, and assign Stories to the Backlog. Observers have a read-only view of Backlog.
Q: Who can add a Backlog state to a workflow?
A: Only Admins and Owners in your organization can add a Backlog state to a workflow.