For instructions on setting up the Version Control System of your choice, please expand the one desired below:
Setting up the integration in Shortcut
- In the Shortcut app, click the User icon in the lower left corner, click Integrations, and then click GitHub.
- Click Add Account.
Setting up the integration in GitHub
Successful installation of our integration requires the user performing this action to be an Admin in both Shortcut and GitHub.
After clicking Add Account in Shortcut, you will be taken to GitHub to select which GitHub account to link. From this next screen, you can authorize access to all repositories in the account, or only select repositories.
Once all or the select repos have been selected, click Install. You will be redirected back to Shortcut to this message:
Connecting Individual AccountsIndividuals will need to ensure that their primary email address in GitHub is the same as one of their email addresses in Shortcut. In GitHub, check your personal account settings, under the email tab.
GitHub Event Handlers
Setting up the integration in ShortcutOnly Admins and Owners can activate this integration in Shortcut. In the Shortcut app, click the User icon in the upper right corner, click Integrations, and then click GitLab. Click the Slider to enable, then copy the GitLab Payload URL and open your GitLab account.
In GitLab, choose specific Projects that you want to send data to Shortcut, or if your GitLab.com plan supports Group Webhooks, you can send data from every Project in the Group. From the Project page (or Group page), click Settings > Integrations, then paste the GitLab Payload URL into the Integrations URL field.
- Push Events
- Merge request events
1. Create a new user on your GitLab.com organization. Consider using a name that signifies this user connects GitLab to Shortcut, like 'Shortcut Bot'.
2. In GitLab, invite your bot user to the Projects that you want Shortcut to access, and grant that user Developer permissions.
3. Log in with the bot user account and open the User Settings.
4. Generate a personal access token scoped to have API access
5. Copy the personal access token and paste it into the API Access Token field in the GitLab integration pane. Click Update API Access Token to save the token value.
GitLab Event Handlers
Setting up the integration in ShortcutOnly Admins and Owners can activate this integration in Shortcut. In the Shortcut app, click the Gear icon in the upper right corner, click Integrations, and then click Bitbucket. Click the Slider to enable, then click Connect to Bitbucket.
Next, authorize the Bitbucket account you would like to connect to this Shortcut Workspace.