Sentry is an open-source error tracking tool that helps developers monitor and fix crashes in real-time. With this integration, you can create new Shortcut Stories for bugs and crashes found by Sentry, link Sentry issues to existing Shortcut Stories, and automatically complete Sentry issues when a linked Shortcut Story is moved to a Done state.
Creating a New Shortcut Story from Sentry
To create a new Story from a Sentry issue:
- Open the issue and click on Link Shortcut Issue in the right-hand menu.
- A Shortcut Story menu will pop up with the Create tab open by default. Sentry will pre-fill details from the Issue automatically, but you can also edit the Story title and description as needed. If you've set a default Shortcut Project or Requester, these will also be pre-filled, but you can also choose a different Project or Requester if needed.
- When you are done editing the details of the new Shortcut Story, click Save Changes. The new Shortcut Story will be created and linked in the Sentry Issue, and you can click on the link to view the new Story immediately.
Linking a Sentry Issue to a Shortcut Story
To link a Sentry Issue to an existing Shortcut Story:
- Open the Issue and click on Link Shortcut Issue in the right-hand menu.
- A Shortcut Story menu will pop up; click on the Link tab to search for the Story you want to link to the Sentry Issue.
- Enter the Story title or search term for the Story, and the integration will automatically show Story results matching the title or term you entered.
- Select the Story you'd like to link to the Sentry Issue and click Save Changes. The Shortcut Story will be linked in the Sentry Issue, and you can click on the link to view the new Story immediately.
The Sentry integration will only search for and find stories that are part of the Shortcut project designated in the Integrations > Sentry dropdown inside Shortcut. If you wish to search for all Stories, ensure Project is set as None.
Note: You can link multiple Sentry issues to a single Shortcut Story.
Moving Sentry Issues to Completed from a Shortcut Story
When a Story is moved to the very last Done state in that workflow in Shortcut, any associated Sentry Issues will also be marked as Complete in Sentry.
Sentry partnered with us in building this integration, and you can find their documentation here.