If you're an Owner or Admin and wish to change someone's role in your Workspace, go to Settings > Workspace Settings > User Directory and use the drop-down next to the person's name to change their role.
Free plan accounts do not have access to Member or Observer roles. The Observer role is only available on the Team plan or above. For additional access, please consider upgrading to a paid plan that best suits your team's needs.
- To disable a user, click on the trash can symbol next to their name.
- To re-enable a user, go to the Disabled Users tab and click on the Recycle icon next to their role.
- To remove someone from your Org, they first need to be disabled in all Workspaces, then the trash can symbol next to their name will appear to remove from the Org entirely.
Things to Note:
- Only Owners can adjust other Owners - to remove an Owner you first need to change their user role to Member or Admin, and follow the above instructions.
- The User Directory is for managing users at the Workspace level; to manage users for the entire Organization, or to promote a user to an Owner, use the Manage Organization and Workspaces Dashboard.
- A disabled user will appear here even if they've been removed from the Organization by the Owner. If you try to re-enable a user who's been removed by an Owner, an Owner will need to re-enable the user in the Manage Organization and Workspaces Dashboard, and the user will need to be re-invited to the Workspace.
Transferring ownership of an Organization to another user
If the current Owner is available:
If you're the current Owner, you can transfer ownership of the Organization to another user.
- Go to the Manage Organization and Workspaces Dashboard (click on your company's logo in the upper left corner, then click on View All Workspaces).
- Once there, click on Manage Organization and Workspaces.
- Find the user’s row in the table and click the role drop-drown menu under the desired Workspace, then choose Owner.
- You'll be asked to confirm the action
- Click OK to confirm
If the current owner is no longer with your company or not available:
If the current owner is no longer with your company or not available, we can change ownership of the account for you following a quick security measure. You will need to submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org in the form of a PDF, including:
- The account URL
- The name and email address of the previous account owner
- The name and email address of the new account owner
- The last four digits of the credit card number on file
- The billing address of the credit card on file
The information should be in a letter on your company letterhead, signed by a manager at your organization. If your company doesn't have letterhead, please be sure to include your company's mailing address and phone number in the letter.
Note: The request needs to be in the form of a PDF and be sent from an email address in the company's domain to email@example.com