Shortcut's Power Bar is another way search, navigate, create, and use our most common features. With a simple keyboard command, activate the Power Bar and see what you can do!
Watch this video to get started with the Power Bar and see examples of favorite commands.
To use the Power Bar:
- For Mac: Cmd + k
- For PC: Ctrl + k
- Click the launcher (lightning bolt) from the top bar
Power Bar works in conjunction with the Keyboard Shortcuts; you can activate keyboard shortcuts at anytime, but if you forget a shortcut, just open Power Bar to search for the action and see a reminder.
There are 4 major functions of Power Bar (Navigate, Search, Create and Do) that are combined into a single interface.
- Access any page in Shortcut quickly by typing
Go to [page]in Power Bar, or just searching for the page. If you find yourself navigating between pages often, feel free to bypass Power Bar all together and use the keyboard shortcuts directly (
G then)! These can be activated at anytime (no need to open Power Bar first), but also show up in Power Bar just in case you need a reminder of the shortcuts.
g then d Go to Home g then s Go to Stories g then e Go to Epics g then m Go to Milestones g then i Go to Iterations Go to Roadmap g then w Go to Docs g then p Go to Projects g then l Go to Labels g then r Go to Reports g then t Go to Status Go to Search g then sp Go to Space g then se Go to Settings g then in Go to Integrations sh Show Keyboard Shortcuts
- From Power Bar, start typing to search across your Stories and Epics and quickly navigate to the appropriate result! You may notice that you will also be searching through the Shortcut help documentation, so help is just a click away!
- Create new work items in Shortcut through Command Bar! If you don't want to leave the keyboard, start creating a new Story, Story Template, Epic, Iteration, Label, or Milestone right from Power Bar!
n Create new Story Create a Story from Template n then ep Create new Epic n then i Create new Iteration n then l Create new Label n then m Create new Milestone n then d Create new Doc (if Organization is open to Write Beta)
- Finally, Power Bar allows you to speed up your workflow by doing actions. On a Story, you can update the Story Owners and Story Epic and Toggle Current User as Story Owner. This is just the start; we will soon be adding more actions to the Story dialog and throughout the app!
On Story Dialog
A Update Story Owners ⇧E Update Story Epic E Edit Story Description R Rename Story Title C Add Comment to Story I Toggle Current User as a Story Owner ⌘ + C / ALT + C Copy Permalink