I think the new Power Bar (Cmd-K), which is cool, broke the ability to create a link out of highlighted text.
My old flow, which used to work in Clubhouse
- Copy a URL from somewhere else
- Start typing a Clubhouse comment
- Highlight a word in the comment I'm typing
- Hit Cmd-K to create a link
- Paste URL
This no longer works. When I hit Cmd-K, even when I have text highlighted, the Power Bar pops up. The Power Bar should not pop up if I hit Cmd-K and currently have text highlighted.
Superhuman, one of the innovators of the "power bar" concept, gets this right (video)
- Cmd-K without text highlighted: show
- Cmd-K with text highlighted: create a link
Please fix this regression! Getting UI nuances like this right is why I switched to Clubhouse to begin with. Jira never gets things like this right.