Shortcut email notifications allow you to receive regular email updates on the Stories, Epics, and Milestones that you are following. If you find you are not receiving news about Stories or Epics you are interested in, log in, click on the Story and Epic and make sure you are selected as a Follower.
When you follow an Epic, you will receive notification emails about every Story in that Epic.
You will not receive notifications simply because you are a Requester. While a Story Requester is added as a Follower by default, you should ensure you are indeed selected as a Follower to ensure you receive notifications.
Also, keep in mind that you will not receive notifications about actions you take yourself on Stories, Epics, or Projects, nor if you @-mention yourself.
Defining Email Notification Preferences in Shortcut
Shortcut offers numerous options for notifications:
- Most events: New Stories on which you are added/removed as Follower or an Owner; Changes to Story State, Epic, Title, Points, Due Date, Type, or Iteration; Comments on Stories you follow; direct @-mentions and Team @-mentions in Story or Epic comments and descriptions; as well as any threaded replies to your comments. You will also receive a notification if you are added or removed from a Team.
- Important events - New Stories on which you are added as Follower, Comments on Stories you follow, as well as any direct @-mentions and Team @-mentions in Story or Epic comments and descriptions; as well as threaded replies to your comments. You will also receive Team based notifications triggered by a Story or Epic assignment to a Team.
- Daily Summary and Mentions - a daily summary of all events (see above). You will also receive email notifications of direct @-mentions and Team @-mentions in Stories and comments as they come in, separately from the daily summary email. You will also receive a notification if you are added or removed from a Team.
- All events in the daily summary come with a timestamp. By default these timestamps are in the Eastern Time UTC offset, but if you wish to adjust your UTC offset so that the timestamps match your timezone, you can do so in Your Profile.
- None - no emails
Replying by Email
You can reply to Story update emails to add a comment to that Story. @mentions will work as expected. Note: Email replies to threaded comments will reply on the Story but will start a new comment thread.
The Emailed Reply to Shortcut The emailed reply in Shortcut
Disabling Shortcut Email Notifications
Email notifications are activated by default, but if you wish to disable notifications, you can follow these steps:
- Click on your profile icon and then Settings
- Select Notifications (under the "Your Account" section)
- Select "None" and click "Save Changes" to disable email notifications.